As most of you know I (Erika) work with kids who have Autism with one to one intervention. I have been reading a book which I have found so profoundly impacting to how I approach "my" kids that I have to share it with you. The book is simply called "Adam" named after a severely disabled man who's life the book is about. Henri Nowen, the author of this book, goes into great detail about the transforming impact that this man Adam had on not only his but many others lives. It was never in words or signs but in who Adam was as a person -a man of patience, of peace, and of acceptance. I resonate with this because these are some of what my kids teach me every day! It is so amazing and such a mystery that these amazing people created and loved by God could teach us so much! This book has reminded me that I have much to learn from my kids if I allow them to "speak" to me. "In Gods Eyes the most significant is often the most hidden" -Nowen-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment